London 1st March 2021
TISAtech launches UK Scale-Up to help international FinTechs access the UK market
- UK Scale-Up will provide international FinTechs with a ‘digital home’ in the UK to enable collaboration with financial institutions
- The new initiative, which is in partnership with the data analytics business The Disruption House, will also provide FinTechs with advice, invitations to tech sprints and access to market insights
- The government continues to support the FinTech industry, with recent speculations the Chancellor will unveil a visa fast track scheme for professionals in the tech industry to live and work in the UK
TISAtech, a digital market network that brings together financial institutions and FinTechs for greater collaboration and innovation, today announces the launch of UK Scale-Up. The initiative will help international FinTechs access the UK and partner with financial institutions, in particular banks, insurers and asset managers. TISAtech was launched by The Investing and Savings Alliance (TISA), the cross-industry financial services body, last year.
The UK Scale-Up initiative is designed to help FinTechs be discovered, stand out, accelerate engagement and monitor prospect interest during this period when usual routes to market, such as events and conferences, have been restricted due to the pandemic. The initiative catalyses corporate and FinTech engagement, building technology focussed communities and accelerating innovation through direct industry promotion and structured engagement.
TISAtech has created a digital ‘tech-bridge’ into the UK, which means a low risk, low cost, low carbon engagement strategy with a high-profile upside at a fraction of the cost of a typical industry event presence for FinTechs. Additionally, they will have access to personalised advice and support, monthly platform insights on institutional interest, receive monthly trends updates from TISA initiatives, and will be automatically invited to tech sprints relevant to their domain and to industry events.
The database already has 3,600 FinTechs, which are sophisticatedly assessed and profiled, 2,500 of which are based outside of the UK. For financial institutions, the enhanced scouting, discovery and identification process allows business leaders to scope-out and profile the suitability of FinTechs rapidly and on a single platform. It helps the financial services industry to more effectively address tech-driven transformation and the integration of new financial technologies to enhance products and services while reducing operational friction and lowering costs for consumers.
The UK Scale-Up initiative has been created in partnership with The Disruption House, the specialist benchmarking and data analytics business for financial institutions and innovative financial technology firms. Benchmarked scorecard assessments provide FinTechs with the credentials and exposure to develop successful relationships with leading financial institutions. They provide clarity on FinTech’s current capabilities, demonstrating enterprise readiness and ESG alignment, which is creating far more effective FinTech promotion, positioning and engagement than could be achieved through expensive industry events alone.
Gary Bond, CEO of TISAtech, said: “The FinTech industry needs initiatives like this now more than ever. The pandemic has caused major disruptions to trade shows and travel which have prevented growing FinTechs from expanding internationally and engaging in the market. The UK Scale-Up initiative allows FinTechs be discovered, stand out and monitor prospective interest during this period when, as a result of Covid-19, usual routes to market have been shut off. TISAtech is in the perfect position to become the industry go-to location for the sourcing the most innovative FinTechs that will help the industry adjust to the new normal of embracing digital technologies that can transform all aspects of businesses.”
David Dalton-Brown, CEO of TISA, said: “FinTech is a booming industry across the world. We know FinTechs want to enter the UK, a global financial hub, to help provide innovative technology solutions to financial services firms. TISAtech facilitates and accelerates powerful partnerships between our members and exciting, scale up FinTechs. We’re also pleased to see that the government is continuing to recognise the importance of this market, as it is expected a fast track visa will be introduced for technology professionals to live and work in the UK.”
- TISAtechis a new generation ‘open finance’ FinTech Market Network that connects FinTechs and Financial Institutions for greater tech adoption and innovation.
- TISAtech provides an essential platform for FinTechs seeking to build profile and increase market engagement, offering financial institutions the opportunity to create powerful new partnerships and business models for enhanced performance.
- With an increasing need to streamline business processes, generate new revenue opportunities and consistently meet the ever-evolving demands of the regulators, TISAtech enables the financial services industry to discover, assess, track and adopt innovative technology solutions. The service utilises the database, taxonomic classification and FinTech assessment processes of The Disruption House (TDH).
- Our vision is to facilitate the accelerated partnering and adoption of transformational digital solutions across the UK and Europe, for the benefit of consumers and the betterment of the financial services industry as a whole.
For more information on TISAtech, please visit www.tisatech.com
TISAtech and TISA
- TISAtech is part of The Investing and Saving Alliance (TISA), the UK’s cross-industry financial services body with over 220 members. TISA’s ambition is to improve the financial wellbeing of UK consumers by bringing the financial services savings industry together to promote collective engagement, to deliver solutions and to champion innovation for the benefit of people, our industry and the nation.
- With a focus on three key pillars of work to best support the consumer and UK financial services, TISA has become a major industry delivery organisation for consumer focused, digital industry infrastructure initiatives:
- Strategic Policy Initiatives that Influence Policymakers regarding the financial wellbeing of UK consumers and the environment within which the industry operates.
- Expert Technical Support on a range of operational and regulatory issues targeted at improving infrastructure and processes, establishing standards of good practice and the interpretation and implementation of new rules and regulations
- Transformative Digital Initiatives that are driving ground-breaking innovation and the development of industry infrastructure for greater operational effectiveness and revenue promoting opportunity for firms. https://www.linkedin.com/company/tisatech-tt
As consumers, the financial services industry and the economy react to and recover from the effects of the pandemic, the importance of the work that TISA prioritises has never been more apparent.
For more information on TISA, please visit www.tisa.uk.com
About The Disruption House
The Disruption House is a specialist benchmarking and data analytics business for early stage and developing financial services technology providers. The firm was founded by Rupert Bull and Chris Corson based on their experiences and insights, as entrepreneurs and bankers, into the challenges that both new ventures and established organisations have around identifying and engaging with each other. Rupert has over 25 years’ experience in the international Fintech world and was a founding member of the highly successful Expand Research company which was acquired by the Boston Consulting Group in 2011. Chris has over 23 years banking experience at Credit Suisse and as a senior Managing Director and head of the Emerging Markets business globally. He was also a member of the management team for the Global Fixed Income business.